Monday, May 26, 2008

KITTENS ready to be adopted TODAY

I'm having a fun time (NOT) with Craigslist today; it "ghosted" my ad -- told me it was published, but it never appeared. I'm trying to fix it, but I may have to either wait two days, or slim it down to bare bones. If I do, I will direct people to the original copy of it here.



Five lively kittens are 8 weeks old and ready for new homes.

I would really like for them to be adopted in pairs, but all the bigger ones are certainly able now to go solo. They are the three males who are tabby-striped grey or charcoal on their backs. The littlest female has just made it to 22 ounces (big brothers are over two pounds each) and I believe she needs her mama for a few more weeks; if you want her and could temporarily give a home to her mom too, that would work.


I'm hoping to also find a quiet home for mom after she is spayed; she was feral but was handled and fed when she was a kitten two years ago, and she is becoming pretty accustomed to indoor care -- she will be a sweet pet in a gentle, peaceful home. She's a pretty little cat, white with her ears and the back of her head.Please don't make me put any ofthem back outside in the feral jungle!

Mom has had her shots; the kittens had their first set May 14, and will need to get the follow-ups mid-June and mid-July. (It's quite affordable at the clinic in Denton.) I will get the big guys neutered this week; the smaller females aren't big enough yet.

I need to know that they will be spayed; the whole reason for raising these kittens was to remove one line of ferals from my back woods (It's been a joy, but I would HATE to think that the job wasn't finished; I would rather keep them longer and get it done myself.) The Humane Society will reimburse $25 of the $35 spaying cost.


The illustrated genealogical history, sort of, of this line of cats for the last two years is on this blog; go to the entry named "feral-and-ex-feral-cats" and also to "growth."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home