Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April shower at last


Well, it was about to feel kind of like a drought, almost a week since the last rain, and temps up in the 80s, drying things out. But the thunderstorm this evening took care of that for a while. Course, I would have preferred it NOT to be at its worst just when I was on the road from Lewisville. I was going 40 and unhappy about it. VERY heavy rain, occasional blinding lightning flashes, and in between the lightning I couldn't see the stripes except where they had white reflectors, which was not near often enough. But I got here, so I guess all's well that ends well. At least it will be cooler for a few days. It's already down in the mid-sixties now, a couple of hours after the storm, and it sounds windy outside, so I guess the front's coming through. Maybe my tenants will turn off their ACs again (though I have no great expectation of it). It's been in the upper 80s a few days recently, and I hear the AC cycle on even in the middle of the night. They pay lip service to the idea of cross-ventilation, but .... sigh. Thank goodness I don't pay their electricity. I will have one last gasp of a high gas bill, because ten days ago we just about had a frost. Oh well, THAT won't happen again.

The heavy rain may about beat down the last of the iris show. The ones at 610 have been extravagant this year. This picture was when they started, mostly purple and blue, and some apricot ones. The last week, the yellow and gold ones have been making the show. I hope Argyle Acres is still having open house this weekend. Yes, just checked. Through the 27th. Here's the link.

Here is a small plug for my jewelry blog. I made some of the irises into easel/backdrops for jewelry photography earlier this week. Quite successful. Between the nifty pictures, and my posts in the forums and AboutJewelrymaking, I got about 300 new views on my Etsy site for the day yesterday, and 50 more today without doing much at all. Now if some of those views would just turn into SALES. Oh, well, keep on plugging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home