Monday, April 14, 2008

spring photos, April 2


This tender green unfolding hackberry twig is all out of date now; the leaves are fully open. Spring has pretty fully sprung, in spite of a frost alert last night (no frost here, I don't think). These pictures were taken almost two weeks ago.

The hackberry is at the north end of the garden area at the Ridge. This flowering dewberry vine is in the woods, down the hill from the spot that I am calling "deckhouse site" (because that type of house would go so well there). I went prowling all through the woods there looking for Buddy, becaue I just moved him to the east pasture that Saturday, and then he hadn't come for his food Monday or Tueday. I printed up flyers and went all up David Fort Rd. and around Fincher, stuffing mailboxes.

Along the way I saw this flower in the roadside. I though it was O. missouriensis, or sundrop, but this Saturday at Redbud Day the Native Plant folks had it for sale as stemless primrose. They also had sundrops; the leaves are way different. I got some of both.

Well, Buddy turned up back in the west pasture. I have NO idea how he did it. It hasn't happened again. He did get out again this past Thursday because the insufficient latch-board on the garage gate came open. But he came back on his own. I have that gate tied firmly shut now.

Finally, for the cryptobotany enthusiasts, here is the thallose liverwort along the bank of the lane. (Click on any image for larger view.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

22 April, 2008 14:38  
Blogger AbigailM said...

Servidor, thanks. I tried to check out your blog, but Blogger says it's not there any longer.
Abigail

24 April, 2008 00:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home