Monday, January 10, 2011

winter weather!


Saturday was a splendid, cloudless, windless day in the fifties. Eddie and Stephen refilled my woodshed.






I took a walk in the west forty and photographed grasses and tracks by the pond.













Overnight it started raining. Sunday morning was a steady cold drizzle. Feline disgust.

About 11am or so it changed to heavy sleet and then snow, which came pouring down in thick huge flakes. Within half an hour the ground was covered. I refilled the bird-feeder and enjoyed watching much activity.


I think I counted nine male cardinals at once, certainly eight. The two towhees are here, and white-throats and Harris sparrows.








Early Monday morning I saw a kinglet sitting on the top of the fan housing outside the upstairs landing window, fluffed out round. What do they EAT? I put out a suet-cake, but it has been in the freezer for a very long time, and I haven’t seen anyone interested in at.

I have burned up a good deal of the guys’ work.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home