Sunday, January 07, 2007

another norther

We had a very pretty day today, mostly sunny and up into the mid-fifties. But a very strong north wind is now whipping the flexible little cherry laurel outside my window into a one-sided tree. Temp still reads 51°, but I think it's going to be heading down steeply real soon now.

I finally got the block of peanuts, raisins, and seed up in the wire holder over the front terrace early this week (Tom helped me by "carrying" the front of the ladder!) Little downy woodpecker just clings on one end and chows down for minutes at a time. He (or she, I haven't studied the back of its neck) doesn't like the sides of the holder because there is a perch section folded out that undoubtedy interferes with the tail.

Ruby-crowned kinglet is also frequently seen. Such a teensy bird to spend the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home